Or, for general support to Spitler School:
The Spitler School receives it’s funding through the Spitler School Foundation, which is a 501c3 charitable foundation established in 2006 (IRS EIN # 20-8085411). All donations are tax deductible. Your donation will be acknowledged with an official letter from the foundation for your records and tax files.
The Spitler School Foundation has no paid staff, and the administrative expenses are minimal, consisting only of bank fees, and yearly tax and charitable 5500 filings with the IRS. All administrative costs are covered by donations from the Spitler family so that…
Note: The foundation will pay a fee of approximately 3% for credit card donations.
Spitler School Foundation 14662 N. 15th Ave. Phoenix, Arizona, USA 85023
Danny Spitler, Foundation Director
How Your Donation Will Help
It is amazing how much “bang for the buck” can be had in Cambodia, where an average wage for most of its citizens is less that $2 per day.
- For a donation of $10, we can purchase a school uniform for a student.
- For a donation of $60, we can purchase a bicycle that will allow a graduating 6th grader to continue their education at a middle school located several miles from his village.
- For a donation of $150, we can pay the monthly salary for one of our teachers
- For a donation of $1,800, we can pay one teacher’s salary for a full school year.
- For a donation of $5,000, we can cover all of the basic expenses of the school for one month (teachers’ salaries, security guard salaries, and all school supplies).
The funds donated to the Spitler School Foundation are controlled and administered by the foundation directors and held in the foundation bank account to be transferred to a bank account in Cambodia. The directors receive a monthly financial report from the administrator in Cambodia. All expenses other than pre-established budgetary items are subject to approval by the directors of the Spitler School Foundation.
As directors of the Spitler School Foundation, Danny and Pam Spitler would like to provide as much documentation and transparency as possible when it comes to the financial records of the foundation. Donors are welcome to receive any documentation related to the foundation’s financing activities upon request. These would include copies of foundation tax returns, annual 5500 filings with the IRS, and listings of budgeted expenses and the costs of all related programs.
We appreciate the work of our attorney, Douglas Dunipace, LLP, for his work in establishing the Spitler School Foundation, and we appreciate our accountant, Lynn Olson, of the firm of Tull, Forsberg and Olson, for the time he donates each year to prepare our tax returns and comply with all regulatory and filing issues.